Aggressive Divorce Attorneys Protect Your Interests in High-conflict Divorce
Serving family law clients in northwestern Mississippi for more than 50 years
All divorces will have some degree of conflict as each party works through their differences. Some divorces, however, are more contentious than others, which can lead to long, drawn-out battles driven by anger, greed or spite.
At Taylor, Jones & Taylor, the firm’s divorce attorneys understand that while nobody wins in a divorce, particularly nasty divorces mean everyone loses. They understand all of the tactics that high-conflict individuals employ in order to try to get an upper hand and win at all costs. The firm works to make sure their clients get the best outcome possible with the least amount of collateral damage. This is why clients in Southaven, Hernando and Olive Branch, and throughout Mississippi, have relied on their skills and experience to guide them when they need support the most.
Characteristics of high-conflict divorce
Litigated divorce often-time lends itself to high-conflict disputes; even rational people can be swept up in the frustration and “drama.” Some of the classic hallmarks of a high-conflict divorce include:
- Unrelenting custody battles
- Restraining orders
- Hiding assets
- Allegations of physical/ sexual/ domestic abuse
- Inability to communicate in a reasonable manner
- Frequent court appearances
The disputes in high-conflict divorces often center on child custody and the division of assets, when the real, underlying, issue is power and control.
Tips for lowering the intensity of a high-conflict divorce
It takes two to produce conflict. One spouse must be willing to take the high road and not engage with a soon-to-be-former spouse who is spoiling for a fight.
- Try mediation first. Not only could it save you both time, money and frustration, the mediation process will force the high-conflict party to adopt more productive ways of communicating. In mediation, both parties will learn more effective ways of dealing with one another and they will learn how to find a compromise that works for everyone involved.
- Do everything possible to shield your children from the conflict.
- Leave the past in the past. Try to develop a courteous (even if it you have to “fake it” in the beginning) businesslike attitude when dealing with your former partner.
- Establish and honor healthy boundaries between yourself and your former partner. Stay out of each other’s personal lives as much as possible.
When you work with a seasoned legal team like the one at Taylor, Jones & Taylor, you can rest assured that your best interests are always a top priority. They have seen it all in their combined experience of more than 50 years serving the people of Mississippi, and they will protect your interests regardless of what the other side tries to do. When the other side seems to play dirty, the firm fights back just as hard while maintaining the highest ethical standards under the law.
Protecting your interests in a high-conflict divorce
When emotions are running high, chaos can often rule the day. The divorce attorney team at Taylor, Jones & Taylor has seen it all before and they are here to help you get through your divorce and reach the outcome that suits your goals. You may call 662-342-1300, or fill out this contact form to schedule a consultation today. With offices in Southaven, Hernando and Olive Branch, the firm protects clients throughout Mississippi, including in Grenada, Batesville, Tupelo, Clarksdale, Oxford and Cleveland. How may we help today?