Southaven Car Accident Attorneys Protecting the Rights of those Injured in a Broadside Car Accidents
Helping clients in Southaven, Hernando and Olive Branch and throughout the state get the help they need after an auto accident
A broadside accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle at right angles forming a “T” shape. These “T-bone,” or side impact collisions, are one of the most dangerous types of accidents, because the side doors of passenger vehicles do not provide the most robust protection in side impact crashes. Victims of broadside crashes often suffer serious catastrophic injuries, and the higher the speed involved, the more likely a fatality will occur.
Causes of broadside or T-bone crashes
There are a host of situations that could result in a side-impact crash. Speeding and driver inattention, as well as dangerous conditions on the highway, often contribute to T-bone crashes, as do:
- Running a red light and barreling into an intersection where traffic is flowing, which creates a perfect backdrop for a broadside collision.
- Failure to yield the right of way when two vehicles arrive at an intersection at the same time. If neither is willing to yield the right of way to the other, the more aggressive driver might end up broadsiding the other in their haste to get through.
- Distracted driving, which is responsible for one in five car accidents, and takes the driver’s attention away from driving long enough to cause them to crash into the side of another vehicle.
- Drunk driving, a leading cause of serious car collisions. Having too much to drink before getting behind the wheel of a car can cloud a driver’s judgement and have a negative impact on his or her ability to respond, which would keep the driver from evading a crash that he or she might have been able to avoid if sober.
- Bad weather, like icy roads, wet roads in a rain storm, snow and wind. All of these weather conditions can have an impact on a driver’s visibility and the slickness of the road surface. One car could slip on the ice and slam into the side of another vehicle, or if the driver is unable to see and proceeds through an intersection where another car is already moving through, this can cause a T-bone crash.
The legal team at Taylor Jones Taylor understands the pain and confusion that can come from being injured in a side impact car accident. The firm will shoulder the legal burden of protecting your right to fair compensation for your injuries and losses, so you can focus on healing.
Work with a tenacious motor vehicle accident lawyer who will fight for your rights
When you have been injured, your world gets upended for a time. You may be losing time at work, and you might be concerned about the mounting medical bills. That is where the legal team at Taylor Jones Taylor will step in and make sure that you get the compensation you deserve after an accident. You may call us at 662.342.1300, or fill out this contact form to schedule a consultation to discuss your case. The firm serves clients throughout Southaven, Olive Branch, Hernando, and surrounding areas. With offices in Southaven, Hernando and Olive Branch, the firm is also well-known throughout Tupelo, Clarksdale, Cleveland, Grenada, Batesville and Oxford for its dedication to clients. How may we help today?