Southaven Traffic Offenses Attorneys Protect the Rights of Clients with Traffic Tickets
Providing quality legal services throughout Southaven, Olive Branch, Hernando and the region since 1964
In Mississippi, your driving privileges are a vital part of your everyday life. You commute back and forth to work, you run errands and drive your kids around to their activities and you drive for leisure travel. Therefore, it is vital that you maintain a clean driving record. Imagine how your life might come to a screeching halt if your license were suspended or revoked because of your driving record. If you are dealing with traffic tickets or repeated traffic citations, it is important that you know what your rights are and the consequences of every action you take when you attempt to resolve your tickets.
At the law firm of Taylor Jones Taylor, we help clients in Southaven, Olive Branch, Hernando and throughout northwestern Mississippi resolve a wide range of traffic offenses. The firm understands that even what seems like a minor traffic violation can have a serious impact on your life. They see their clients as neighbors and they strive to forge meaningful relationships as they guide them through resolving all kinds of traffic offenses. Before you just plead guilty and pay a traffic ticket, seek out the experienced traffic ticket lawyers at Taylor Jones Taylor today.
Different types of traffic offenses
The firm helps clients with traffic violation cases such as the following:
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Reckless driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Driving without a license
- Driving without insurance
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Violation of noise ordinances
- Driving without a seat belt
- Expired or missing license plates
Is it worth it to fight a traffic ticket?
When you receive a citation for a traffic violation, you are not required to enter a guilty plea in court. By paying the imposed fine for whatever the offense was you are effectively admitting guilt. If you already have prior traffic violations on your driving record, this new offense could cause your license to be suspended.
You might assume that it does not make any sense to contest a traffic violation. However, if you work in a career that requires a clean driving record, simply pleading guilty by paying those violations without contesting them could cost your job. In order to contest a traffic violation, you must appear in court and plead not guilty to the offense. If you want to improve your chances of prevailing, you may want to work with an experienced traffic offense lawyer to represent you and present a solid case on your behalf.
Restoring your driver’s license
Mississippi does not use the points system for traffic violations. They use the suspension or revocation of driving privileges as a penalty for certain traffic violations.
- Suspended license – If your license has been suspended, this means that you have temporarily lost your driving privileges in Mississippi. In order to reinstate your license you must pay a $100 fee.
- Revoked license – If your license has been revoked, this means that you have lost your driving privileges for at least one year. Some of the offenses that result in a one year license revocation include:
- DUI conviction
- Hit and run accident that resulted in bodily injury or death
- Too many serious traffic violation convictions
- Driving without a license or with a suspended license
- Driving without auto insurance
- Other driving-related offenses including:
- Reckless driving
- Using a motor vehicle to commit a felony
- Stealing a motor vehicle or any part of a motor vehicle
- Fleeing from law enforcement
Depending on the nature of your offense, you could face additional court-imposed requirements to your license suspension.
The Southaven traffic offenses attorneys at Taylor Jones Taylor represent clients in whose licenses have been suspended or revoked because of traffic violations. If your license has been suspended or revoked, the firm can represent you in getting your license restored. When you work with a trusted traffic ticket lawyer you increase your chances of emerging with a favorable outcome. The traffic violations attorneys at the law firm of Taylor Jones Taylor have been helping clients resolve traffic tickets for more than 50 years. They are ready to help you today.
Schedule a consultation with a De Soto County traffic offenses lawyer today
Taylor Jones Taylor has successfully represented clients with traffic tickets in Oxford, Tupelo, Batesville, Cleveland and Grenada, and throughout Mississippi. You may call Taylor Jones Taylor at 662-253-5193 or fill out this contact form to speak with an attorney in the Southaven, Hernando or Olive Branch office. How can we help you today?